Healthy eating programs
Eat well for good health
If you have type 2 diabetes, or are at risk of developing diabetes, knowing what and how to eat is essential for maintaining good blood glucose levels and good health.
But when it comes to diet, there is no one-size fits all approach to suit everyone. That’s why finding a program that works for you is key to staying healthy.
If you have type 2 diabetes following a healthy diet and exercising can help you lose weight and make it easier for you to manage your condition. It can also help prevent complications associated with diabetes like problems with your eyes, kidneys, feet and legs or heart. If you have prediabetes, losing weight and keeping it off could stop you from developing type 2 diabetes, and support long term good health and wellbeing.
Diabetes friendly meal programs
Diabetes NSW & ACT has partnered with the CSIRO and What 2 Eat to give you options when it comes to choosing a diabetes friendly meal program that’s right for you.
With the help of the dietary guidelines and support offered within either program you can reach your weight loss goals, maintain long term healthy eating habits and live a long and healthy life.
CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet
The CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet is a scientifically formulated weight loss plan that offers a special edition program for people living with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes. The 12 week online program is designed to make it easy for you to lose weight and improve your blood glucose. When you join the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet you’ll have access to a range features including:
- A scientifically formulated weight loss program from CSIRO
- 12 weeks of easy, delicious meal plans that are carbohydrate-controlled
- A full refund if you adhere to the program. Conditions apply.
- Expert weight loss guides including tips on blood glucose control
- 1000 delicious, healthy recipes and meal ideas
- Practical exercise plans you can do at home
- And more…
If you need extra support, you can be connected with an Accredited Practising Dietitian who will coach you through the weight loss journey and help you achieve your goals.
Access to a dietitian is available with Premium Membership.
Diabetes NSW & ACT has partnered with What 2 Eat to offer you a meal program that is diabetes friendly. A one off payment gives you access online for three months so you can complete the three week meal program when it suits you.
- No guess work as to what and how to eat – you will receive a detailed and delicious 3-week meal plan, which includes foods that you already have in your cupboards. No ‘difficult to find’ foods!
- Fortnightly webinars with an Accredited Practicing Dietitan, which gives you an opportunity to ask questions and receive the support you need at the times you need it most.
- Weekly videos that provide guidance and relevant information to keep you motivated to stay on track to reach your goals.
- Weekly emails to ensure you stay connected to the program and to keep you accountable to meet your goals in a kind, caring and supportive way.
- Valuable skills to give you the confidence to make and sustain healthy food choices to help manage and sustain your weight loss and achieve long-term health outcomes.